5.03.2012

phew 3

well... what can i say?  epic fail on my end.  i'm not sure i've either journaled or exercised since my last post.  i sure have listened to a ton of music and have definitely been practicing a bunch of stuff.  for example, just today i heard clarinet pieces by lutoslawski & stravinsky, followed by trumpet stuff by napoli and haydn.  i listened to tunng while working in some reeds for a rehearsal (and performance soon thereafter) of a wind sextet arrangement of poulenc's piano nocturne no. 8.  i did a quick transcription of judas iscariot and set it for a quartet gig this evening.

have i been busy?  you bet.  should i be drumming up excuses for why i've fallen off the wagon?  nope.  my phew needs to be a lifestyle change, one i can realistically jumpstart.  my summer vacation commences tomorrow afternoon, so i ought to be able to get my ducks in a row again.  i hate that i get so engrossed with simply hanging on that i forget to put myself first, so this installment gets a huge thumbs down a la joaquin phoenix, whatever that means.  i can't remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment